Sunday, July 26, 2009

This is it!

Well, here it is. Jeff's been pushing for us to start a blog so I did. Please be patient with me as I figure out how this blog stuff works, because I don't know what in the world I'm doing!

Don't you hate it when you've got a question for the almighty Internet and it's answer is either too vague or even nonexistent. I know that doesn't happen very often but when your lifestyle, income, beliefs etc...force you to think outside the box, sometimes the answers are very hard to find. Well, I don't have all those answers for you but our family is in a unique position to try something different and we plan to share all the gory details with you along the way in hopes that you'll enjoy it and maybe find an answer or two that you've been scouring the Internet for.

So, are you curious what our project is? Good (assuming you said "yes." If not, read no further. ;) We are beginning the process of building a little 1200 square foot house in the country with the goal of building it as cheaply as possible. Now that may not sound terribly unusual but, did I mention we will be using mostly conventional methods and we have a very small budget? How small is that budget you ask? Drum roll please... $15,000. Sound crazy? I know. And remember I said conventional. That means we will not be living in a shipping container, or a packed earth home or a large canvas tent, not that I have anything against those types of homes, they just don't happen to be our goal. We would like a home that's a bit more tradition, something cottagy.

We'll be out on the land Tuesday tearin' up the ground as we get started on our little project and I'll be sure and take lots of pictures for you so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment