Thursday, August 6, 2009

Katrina cottage


Maybe you've seen this sweet looking little cottage before. It's a Katrina cottage. They were designed and built to replace the yucky FEMA trailers some folks on the gulf have had to live in. I want one! They are so cute, like a life size doll house! Wouldn't it be fun to have one as a retreat by the lake?






This one has some similarities to what we're wanting for our cottage home...a galvanized metal roof with a very small overhang and exposed rafter tales. That and all the pure cuteness!



Take a look at the adorable little kitchen. It's small but efficient and still has style. This one might be a little small for our growing family but it's definitely inspiring. They say that men never really grow up but the same could probably be said for those of us ladies who would love to spend a weekend "playing house" in these tiny little cottages. Could you imagine living in one? It actually sounds kind of fun to me.



Downsizing can be so freeing. Letting go of all that "stuff" that has such a strong, controlling hold on us. Finding out just how little we really need to live and still be happy. Don't get me wrong, I still have a lot of stuff that I love and I'm convinced I can't live without but sometimes it all has a way of bossing me around, telling me what I can and can't do. It's going to be hard to get rid of some of it when the time comes but we've done it before and lived to tell about.



It's almost the weekend again and you know what that means. A little more progress. This time we'll finish the electrical, set the piers and do some tree trimming so the big trucks delivering our lumber can make down the drive. It's supposed to be almost 100 degrees tomorrow and we're all still singing the chigger blues. I'm not sure I'm up for it again but the show must go on. Now I'm going to leave you with a song...



Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE it, I swear I could live in that and be happy as a girl could be. It is adorable, great blog!! Blessings, Janna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it screams cute! It speaks to me. :o)

    ReplyDelete