Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The piers are done!

Jeff and Isaiah finished the piers this past weekend and hopefully things will speed up a little now. This will give you a better idea of what 800 square feet looks like. In the finished stage it will include a kitchen and dining area, living room, bedroom, bathroom and laundry room. In a space this small, efficiency is extremely important but like most women, I want it to be pretty, inviting and comfortable too. Jeff would be content with a wood stove and an outhouse. What more do you need? Ha! I'm pretty sure I really need a little more than that. So, I'm constantly playing around with the floor plan checking to see if I can make it just a little better. I can't change the square footage but I can still rearrange the interior space. I only have about a week to get it all hashed out permanently because he'll be starting the floor and plumbing in a week or so. Any changes to the floor plan after that will most likely cost money.

Today we're trying to get back into the groove of things after a fun visit from my sister and her family. My mother, who has more energy than all her children put together, is exhausted I'm sure. She's been feeding the whole clan and chasing around grand kids all this time. (Thank you, Momma!) Monday we all went to a park in the city that has a "water feature" and we had a blast. (It's just a few blocks from the house we used to live in.) My other sister is the family photographer (she's really good) and she took a million great pictures that I can't wait to get my hands on, but for now, mine will have to do.


In case you're wondering, playing in the water is allowed. In the peak of the summer it can be hard to even get near the water because of all the people. And as for germs, don't worry, there was enough chlorine in it to give me a faint sock line from sitting with my feet in the water and I haven't worn socks all summer!


After finally getting the nerve to go inside the circle of fountains, Evie got doused and decided it would be safer to wear goggles. (You might be thinking Evelyn is my favorite since she's in almost every picture I post, but it's actually because she's the only kid I can catch on camera since I'm practically immobile right now.)

I think this type of "water feature" would be perfect at our new house. Maybe Jeff will make us one next summer and I'll blog about that. I'm convinced he can do anything!

Now I'm going to pour myself a tall glass of iced tea, put my feet up and relax for a while. Aahhh, that's better.

No comments:

Post a Comment