Saturday, December 19, 2009

12 daze left

Jeff, JJ and my dad are, of coarse, working right now on the house. I'm not sure what all they're doing because I've stopped asking. I know that last weekend they, as well as Jeff's friend Spencer, worked on insulation. Or, as Jeff calls is, itchulation. I haven't been out there in a while and Jeff hasn't taken any pictures for me so I'll just have to improvise.


Here's some insulated walls.


And here's Spencer.

Like I said, I don't have any pictures and this guy doesn't look anything like Spencer, but he'll do in a pinch. I don't really know him that well, but I'd like to think Spencer loves the limelight which means I'm sure he wouldn't want to be left out of the blog and miss a chance at being seen by my tens of readers. Well, make that nine readers. He's from the OKC area like my husband and, while they only met recently through work, it turns out Spencer knows some of Jeff's kin. Pretty well, in fact. It really is a small world, isn't it? Anyway, we really do appreciate him taking time from his wife and their new baby (he's just a day or two younger than my Sophie!) to help us. (There you go Spencer Brown. Don't let the fame go to your head!)


Jeff has the rest of the year off and will be working day and night getting our new love nest ready. My dad also has the next week off and plans to help him. Isn't that nice? As soon as the plumbing and itchulation are finished, Jeff will start nailing up 1x12's on the walls, horizontally. I only thought I had choices. Hanging them horizontally will save us time and money which is fine by me since it's my favorite anyway.



He'll also be hanging sheetrock in the bathroom. We're concerned with moisture getting trapped and growing mold if we were to hang wood on the walls in there so we're going with sheetrock to prevent that. And speaking of bathrooms, check out this one from Country Living.


I love the corrugated metal around the tub!

Now I must get back to work!


1 comment:

  1. BTW, that Spencer Brown is a real looker. I'm sure you'll get plenty of emails from single women asking for his number!

    ReplyDelete