Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Walls

The pressure is on...Jeff has started working on the house in the evenings now to insure we meet our deadline. Since daylight hours are getting shorter he's hanging up some shop lights to work by. His old lights weren't working last night so he and JJ worked by flashlight. That's dedication!


We were hoping to have the roof on by last weekend but naturally that didn't happen. This is the time when Jeff starts feeling stressed. Even though we've been here before several times and we know things really seem to slow down the further along in a project you get, he still has high expectations. He must be a "glass is half full" kind of guy.

Last Saturday, we had really nice weather so the kids and went out to see the progress and I was impressed. The size of everything is more in perspective now which is always fun to me. It makes me want to get the kids chalk out and draw in the kitchen and bathroom and fireplace and... That was one of my favorite things to do as a kid, draw life size (kid sized life) floor plans on our back patio then play house in the drawing. We never actually had chalk though, we had to go hunt for what my sister and I called "chalk rocks" to draw with. Awww. I didn't care though. It wasn't about the chalk.



I hate it when Jeff gets to the roof part of a house. I usually stay home because it makes me too nervous to watch. The roof is a 12 pitch which is pretty steep and he'll be putting on a metal roof which can be kind of slick and that makes me doubly nervous! I would prefer that he always wear his repelling gear while up there but he just ignores that suggestion.





Guess what. Today is my dad's birthday. Happy Birthday Daddy!! We're planning on having a chili picnic on Saturday out at the land while he and Jeff work...probably on the roof. What a way to celebrate, huh? Have I mentioned how sweet my parents are? They're the best!











Totally unrelated to the house...We have eggs! One of our chickens has finally started laying eggs! You can't tell it from this picture but they're a really pretty blue green color. I can't wait for the rest of the hens to get with the program too!



Isaiah's such a cute little workin' man!






See you all next time!

1 comment:

  1. wow, looks like the end result will be fabulous, but a lot of hard work for sure...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete